Kidnu Gosht Recipe
Recipe .Learn how to cook best and tasty Kidnu Gosht. An easy way and
tips how to cook Kidnu Gosht at home .Detail of ingredients of Kidnu Gosht and
Lamb 500 gm
Bay leaf (tej patta) 1
Black peppercorns 2.5 gm
Cashew nuts 1/3 cup
Cinnamon 2"" stick
Coconut milk 1 cup
Cooking oil 1/3 cup
Cumin (jeera) seeds 2.5 gm
Garlic paste 2 tsp
Ginger paste 2 tsp
Green chilies 4
Onions, chopped 2/3 cup
Poppy seeds 2.5 gm
Potatoes, diced 180 gm
Salt to taste
Lamb shanks are ideal
for this dish.
2. However, any stewing cuts or 2"" pieces are suitable.
3. Marinade the lamb in half the ginger and garlic pastes for 2 hours.
4. In a non-stick pan heat the oil and saute the onions till reddish
5. Add the remaining ginger and garlic pastes, cumin seeds, salt, poppy
seeds, cashew nuts, green chilies and the whole spices (cinnamon, cloves
and black peppercorns).
6. Saute for 5 minutes on a moderate flame.
7. Add meat peaces and saute for 8-10 minutes.
8. Every few minutes sprinkle with a tablespoon of water to keep contents
of the pan moist.
9. Add 0.5 liter/2 cups water and potatoes.
10. Cover and stew till meat is tender.
11. Add the coconut milk, simmer for a minute then remove from fire.
12. Serve hot with steamed rice.